If you really want to know how to get taller during puberty, you need to become aware of the best way to feed yourself and the best way to move your body around. Your teen years are vital years of growth. Actually, it all starts in your infancy at which times your bones are made of cartilage. During the first spurts of your growth, this cartilage begins to harden to become bones. When the teen years come, you have your final spurts of growth at this time of your life.
So are you actually aware of the process that takes place as you grow taller from the get-go? The cartilage of your infancy becomes solid bone structure as you age. By the time you reach your puberty, there are bone plates at the ends of your bones that start to elongate. This process is actually responsible for the rapid growth rate in your teens. But this doesn’t rule out the possibility of gaining in height once you have reached adulthood.
The list that follows is going to tell you what to do to get taller during puberty:
1) Taking supplements as early as age 7 is a good idea. The right supplements will give your body the nutrients it needs for maximum growth.
2) Don’t skip exercising. Stretches are of particular importance because they may give your bones more strength.
3) Junk food, such as sodas and other refined carbs, may actually stunt your growth, so be sure to either eliminate these foods from you diet plan altogether or minimize them to the max.
4) Sleeping well and sleeping enough each night is another essential thing if you want to get taller. It is during sleep that the body has a chance to repair damage to its cells. Learn more on how to sleep to get taller here.
5) Eating those foods that are high in quality protein and have lots of calcium in them is your best bet. Milk and other dairy products should be on your menu every day. Lean meat and fish and even beans or lentils have lots of good protein and these become important building blocks in your body.
So it is during the years of our adolescence that we must pay particular attention to our diet, because it is this time in our lives that most of the growth takes place. If you let your body get enough protein and calcium, you would discover it is easy to get taller during puberty. Your muscles need amino acids, even the number of calories taken in during the day can be an important growth factor at this time in your life. For stronger bones, get enough calcium. This particular ingredient cannot be overemphasized. Any deficiency is going to result in bad postures, and that’s not conducive to proper growth either.
If you eat nutritious foods and do enough exercises, you may still need to know something else for growth to come about. Your body must produce the amounts of human growth hormones that are needed for actual growth. It so happens that these hormones are released in your body during sleep. This is an additional reason for you to make sure that you do get enough sleep every single night during this time of your life.